- You must form a complete 25-man roster.
- You can’t cheat on positions — no playing Alan Trammell at second base.
- You can’t repeat players or seasons. For example, if you pick 2016 Ian Kinsler, you cannot use 2015 Ian Kinsler or 2016 Michael Fulmer on the same roster.
- You can use a player traded halfway through a season — a la 2014 Drew Smyly or 2015 Yoenis Cespedes — but only their stats while playing for the Tigers count.
- You can use starting position players on your bench. However, you cannot use starting pitchers in the bullpen if they were starters in the season you choose.
This is a tricky one for sure. We’re looking forward to reading all of your responses!