The Detroit Tigers aren’t playing today, which is a blessing from the baseball gods given their recent play. We don’t have to worry about the offense or a shoddy starting rotation or bad decisions from under-performing relievers for another 24 hours!
Ah, but there is baseball news, though. Namely, trade rumors are flying all over the place as we inch closer to the non-waiver trade deadline at 4:00 p.m. ET on Monday, July 31. The Tigers have already traded J.D. Martinez, but could move any of several players, including Justin Wilson, Alex Avila, Justin Verlander, and Ian Kinsler.
So let’s talk about that! The Houston Astros are still hot in pursuit for Wilson, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, while just about every other contender has shown some sort of interest in a Tigers player or two. See a rumor? Drop it in the thread. We’ll provide other updates on the site, of course, but with little else to talk about — especially involving this Tigers team — we figured an open thread would help.
Or we could talk about other stuff! Some questions to lead off:
- Who is your bandwagon team as we head down the stretch?
- Should the Tigers trade anyone aside from the names listed above?
- Is Michael Fulmer’s beard the best in Detroit Tigers history?
- How many Lowe’s could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe’s?
- Is Adrian Beltre a Hall of Famer?
- What is on your Spotify playlist right now?
- Is a taco a sandwich?