With a few weeks of baseball under our belts, the Tigers’ 25-man roster is beginning to take shape. On this episode, we take on the task of parsing the meager information supplied by Grapefruit League action to try to sort position groups, and then move on to a quick preview and prediction for the American League, before wrapping up with a series of listener questions.
- Is John Hicks our backup catcher? Does Jarrod Saltalamacchia really have a chance to find work with the Tigers?
- The Tigers seem to have five relievers set for Opening Day. Is one of the other two spots reserved for Daniel Norris? And where is the starting pitching depth coming from with Buck Farmer and possibly Warwick Saupold bound for relief?
- JaCoby Jones is starting to carve a niche into the 25 man roster with another strong spring, but the fit just isn’t right as of yet. So who has the line of the utility roles?
- Which players have made a real impression so far this spring?
- A quick preview and prediction of the American League divisions and wild card spots.
- Listener questions
- Reading list
BYB needs your support. We have rewards outlined for $1, $3, and $5 tiers at our Patreon page here, and we’re continuing to solicit and consider your suggestions and requests. Thanks as always for reading, listening and participating in the best Detroit Tigers community around.