With only one All-Star representative heading to Washington from the Tigers roster, it might seem like a pointless endeavor to get excited for the game. After all, we may only see Joe Jimenez for a single inning of work, if even that.
Still, there’s something to be said for the goofy ridiculousness of the All-Star Game. It’s especially enjoyable now that the games no longer count for home field advantage in the World Series. Honestly, this is just a bunch of really, really well paid adults taking to the field and playing a kids game.
The All-Star Game might be baseball at its purest. It’s the game stripped down of all urgency, and it’s about the best players in all of the sport taking to the field and having a great time. What’s not to like about that?
To make things a little more interesting, this week’s FanPost prompt is all about making your best guesses as to who will win what this All-Star break.
- Who will win the Home Run Derby (this one will be a tough call for Cubs fans!)
- How many home runs will the winner hit?
- Who will hit the first home run in the ASG?
- Which batter will strike out first?
- Which player will make an error?
- Which player will feature in their own ridiculous non-play moment (ie: Nelson Crus posing for a photo with Joe West)?
- How many times will the broadcasters mention Stanton and Judge skipping the Home Run Derby?
- How many pitchers will the AL team use?
- Which team will win the game?
Copy and paste the above into a New FanPost over on the FanPosts page, and then tune in on Tuesday (or Monday in the case of the Home Run Derby) to see how close you were.