After a successful road trip that showed some of the first real signs of life from this Detroit Tigers team since June, they come home for a weekend set with Justin Verlander and the Houston Astros. Brandon Day and Ashley McClellan investigate these meager vital signs, rejoice in Trash Pandas, and wonder at the weird tale of Mario Impemba and Rod Allen.
- The story of the day is the reported scuffle between the long-time broadcast duo.
- The Tigers have finally found a bit of power as players like Mikie Mahtook, Niko Goodrum, Dawel Lugo, and Ronny Rodriguez have brought a spark to a miserable lineup.
- Daniel Norris is back and we’re happy.
- Pennant races are shaping up with a wild finish expected in the National League.
- Shohei Ohtani is amazing, Sean Doolittle and Ian Kinsler are fun, and sometimes amazing.
- The service time games continue to look bad, and may herald part of a contentious collective bargaining agreement.