Ashley and Brandon are back with another scintillating hour of pure audio delight. There are actually a lot of bite-sized pieces of spring training news to digest, and we do so, battling the digression monster the whole way, before getting into a few weightier topics. Nick Castellanos re-iterated his desire to stay in Detroit for the long haul. The Tigers replied with a deafening silence, so don’t get too attached just yet. Brad Ausmus gets his second chance, and it wasn’t a long wait. Finally, we run through quick primers on the AL and NL West.
- Miggy has two bombs and a hidden ball trick.
- Jordan Zimmermann is dealing.
- Matt Moore and Tyson Ross post good outings to right their ships.
- Daniel Norris finally broke through with a little help from Tigers pitching coach, Jordan Zimmermann. However, Michael Fulmer is scaring people.
- Daz Cameron is shining bright.
- Niko Goodrum is a delight.
- Nick’s plaintive plea for an extension falls on Avila’s deaf ears.
- Can Brad Ausmus become an “analytics manager” and wtf is that, even?
- AL/NL West primer
Intro: “Let’s Save Tony Orlando’s House” -Yo La Tengo