As the initial spring training glow gives way to the dog days of Grapefruit League play, we take the Tigers temperature and look over some of news, and the perennial “best shape of their lives” stories from Lakeland. But with Opening Day just three weeks away, there should be a lot more news as cuts start coming in waves, and more games are televised. Right now, highlights from games are just making us crazy for opportunities to sit down a watch a few hours of Tigers baseball on another frigid day in the north.
- Ashley’s Florida adventure.
- Casey Mize has impressed, and Miguel Cabrera is swinging the bat well.
- The outfield has questions, and JaCoby Jones and Mikie Mahtook probably don’t have the answers.
- Just extend Nick Castellanos, Tigers. There aren’t enough bats on the farm.
- Niko Goodrum will really tie a bad roster together.
- Spring Training is a huge moneymaker.
- Bryce Harper finally signed on with the Phillies and ended our long winter’s vigil, and now we can move onto projection season...except that we still have Craig Kimbrel and Dallas Keuchel, among others, without a job.
- We go off the rails as Brandon recounts Mike Clevinger’s tale of Miggy calling his shot, leading us to further reflection on Cleveland’s starting bro-tation, all of which is entirely Brandon’s fault and responsibility for making Ashley talk about Trevor Bauer some more. Really, we’re just very curious about what happens when fans get what we want, and players use social media to let us behind the scenes. We may get more than we bargained for.
Intro: “Let’s Save Tony Orlando’s House”- Yo La Tengo