At long last, the kids are here! The Detroit Tigers called up a trio of their top prospects this week. Isaac Paredes made his MLB debut on Monday with a two-run single, while Tarik Skubal threw some smoke against the White Sox on Tuesday. Last, but certainly not least, Casey Mize is set to make his MLB debut on Wednesday. The triple debut marks a new era of Tigers baseball, one we are happy to celebrate with our friends at BreakingT.
You can click the link here to get your hands on this shirt, which comes from the same great company that helped us out with this beauty back in 2017. That shirt resulted in a championship for the team in question, so simple math proves that this one will too.
Okay, it may not happen in 2020, but we’re sure to bring one home soon, right? Right?!
And enjoy these fun facts on our guys from our friends Cespedes Family BBQ.
19,795th player in MLB history: Isaac Paredes— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) August 18, 2020
- signed with CHC out of Mexico in July '15
- traded to DET in Alex Avila/Justin Wilson deal in July '17
- strong season last year as the 2nd-youngest hitter in AA
- has played mostly SS but probably a 3B or 2B long-term pic.twitter.com/PSIzShEpfQ
19,798th player in MLB history: Tarik Skubal— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) August 19, 2020
- TJ during soph. year ('16) at Seattle U.; still a 29th round pick by ARI in '17
- went back for redshirt year and was fine, not great; 9th round pick by DET in '18
- immediately amazing in pro ball; remarkable breakout since signing pic.twitter.com/awYbo9Rqoi