The major league roster has several prospects protected from the Rule 5 Draft, but how does the overall list look of all of their young talent? Here's my initial pass on what's cooking down on the farm:
1. 2B Wenceel Perez - potential opening day starter at 2B
2. SP Reese Olsen - will compete for rotation spot during 2023
3. P Wilmer Flores - meteoric rise to knocking on big league club door
4. CF Parker Meadows - imminent call up in 2023
5. 3B Colt Keith - could become everyday 3B within a year
6. SP Jackson Jobe - great stuff just needs to simmer
7. C Dillon Dingler - need may lead to opportunity in 2023
8. 2B Jace Jung - big hopes for last year's top pick
9. OF Roberto Campos - awaiting him to make a statement
10. C Josh Crouch - maybe better than Dingler?
11. SS Christian Santana - wants to be better than Trammell
12. INF Izaac Pacheco - power bat ultimately will likely patrol RF at COPA
13. SP Ty Madden - maybe arriving soon to a big league stadium near you
14. SP Dylan Smith - TJ surgery slows his rapid rise
15. INF Andre Lipcius - breaking camp in 2023 to Detroit?
16. INF Gage Workman - can he cut down on Ks?
17. SP RJ Petit - too big not to be next big thing
18. OF Daniel Cabrera - still growing?
19. SS Peyton Graham - surprise rapid riser?
20. P Tyler Mattison - tenacious!