MLB decided to mark the end of the year with a quick rundown of some of the best moments of 2022, and it certainly has us excited to see what’s coming next. We’re sure to see more great writing in the weeks to come, but the lull week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve is not a major time for baseball moves or writing, so we just have a quick little links post for to start out the first week of the year.
- December 31st marked 50 years since the tragic loss of Roberto Clemente.
- Jay Jaffe literally wrote the book on the Hall of Fame, so let’s see who he voted for this year.
- David Laurila gives us the best baseball quotes of the year.
- It’s never too early to start making predictions for the year ahead.
- If there’s one thing I love, it’s wacky uniforms, so here’s a rundown of some of the greats from the past.
- A look at the baseball-inspired unis of the Winter Classic.
- Did the Giants know from the offset that things were off with the Carlos Correa signing?
- Which birthday has the highest WAR?
- A look at the longest home run of 2022.
With 2022 in the bag, we have the full 2023 schedule to look forward to, and we’re only two months away from spring training games, so baseball is getting much closer than we think.