Triple-A: Toledo Mud Hens (32-48)
L, 16-3 vs. Pawtucket. Shawn Hill and Justin Souza combined to give up 15 runs. Continuing his rehab assignment, Alex Avila played catcher and went 1-4. Nick Castellanos failed to record a hit.
- C Alex Avila (third rehab game): 1-4, 2 K
- LF Nick Castellanos: 0-3, BB
- 1B Jordan Lennerton: 1-4, 1 K
Double-A: Erie SeaWolves (39-36)
L, 4-0 vs. Trenton. In preparation of making his debut as a New York Yankee, Michael Pineda pitched six scoreless innings against the SeaWolves. En route to earning the win, Pineda allowed two hits while walking two batters and striking out four. Erie recorded just three hits on the night.
- SS Eugenio Suarez: 0-4 (reached on an error), SB (5)
- 2B Hernan Perez: 1-4, 1 K
- C James McCann: 0-3, BB
- DH Tyler Collins: 1-4, 2 K
- CF Jamie Johnson: 0-3, BB, 2 K
Advanced-A: Lakeland Flying Tigers (31-42)
L, 5-2 vs. Daytona. Steven Moya doubled home a run during the top of the first inning, but Hudson Randall allowed four runs in fourth inning and the Flying Tigers were never able to recover.
- RHP Hudson Randall (L, 1-7): 3.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 2 K
- 3B Francisco Martinez: 1-4, 2 K
- DH Steven Moya: 1-4, 2B (6), RBI, 2 K
Low-A: West Michigan Whitecaps (37-39)
W, 7-5. vs. Fort Wayne. The Whitecaps used a four-run seventh inning to take the lead for good. The inning was highlighted by Jason King’s three-run home run to right field. The home run was King’s second homer in as many days. Chad Smith earned the win for West Michigan.
- RHP Chad Smith (W, 3-3): 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- LF Danry Vasquez: 0-4, R, BB, 1 K
- 2B Devon Travis: 2-5, R, 2 SB (12)
- DH Jeff Holm: 0-3, 2 BB
- CF Connor Harrell: 2-4, 2 R, 2B (3), 2 RBI
- 3B Jason King: 2-5, R, 2B (2), HR (4), 3 RBI, 1 K
- RF Zach Kirksey: 2-4, 2B (8), RBI, BB
Class-A Short-Season: Connecticut Tigers (2-6)
L, 8-6 vs. Tri-City. The ValleyCats posted back-to-back four-run innings in the fourth and fifth to jump out to an 8-0 lead. Nick Carmichael was tagged with the loss, as the right-hander allowed all eight runs. Ben Verlander hit his first double as a pro and Austin Schotts did not play.
- RHP Buck Farmer: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Zac Reininger: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- RF Ben Verlander: 1-4, R, 2B (1), 1 K
- DH Pat Leyland: 1-4, R, RBI, 1 K
- CF Kasey Coffman: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, 1 K
- 2B Javier Azcona: 1-1, R, HR (1), 3 RBI
Rookie: Gulf Coast League Tigers (2-2)
L, 6-1 vs. GCL Astros. The Tigers fell behind early, and their offense only accounted for six hits. The lone RBI was credited to Aaron Sayers, who singled home Samuel Crafort in the fourth inning. Emanuel Chavez started for the Tigers and allowed three runs on six hits. The right-hander pitched the first three innings of the ballgame.
- RHP Cesar Burgos: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
- CF Rashad Brown: 1-4, 1 K
- SS Steven Negron: 0-1, 3 BB, 1 K, SB (1)
- RF Samuel Crafort: 1-4, R, 2 K
- 2B Aaron Sayers: 1-3, RBI, BB, 1 K